Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Take Me Back To My Happy Land

I was working out this morning, and The Aquabats song, "Playdough" came up on the workout playlist. I put it on there because it's fun, and really up tempo, which can sometimes help me power through some of those harder moments.

This time, however, it came up just as I finished working out, and was simply sitting on the bench huffing and puffing, trying to catch my breath. Unoccupied, I was able to listen to the song, and it seemed especially suited to my life. The song is about guys like Rish and I, who grew up, even though we never really wanted to, and now, here we are, trying to recapture that youthful joy we left behind. I thought I'd share it with you all. Oh, and it has a really kick ass horn riff, so there's that too.



What happened to them all?

No comments: