Saturday, June 25, 2022

Flooring

We're redoing our flooring at my house right now, so maybe that's why I thought this was worth a post. Probably not, but then again, what that I have to say on this blog is?

Anyway, I got this Halo Checkpoint set a while back. I don't know what it was that motivated me to buy it...I think it was cheap or something. It did come with two figures, maybe that was it.

It came with some other crap too. That's a gun rack, a couple of storage chests, a big machine gun on a tripod and a couple of other miscellaneous things. But what I thought was the weirdest was this:

That's a mess of Halo figure stands. They're hexagonal, and they all clip together if you so desire (it actually didn't come with all of those, only most of them. A few are the ones that came with other figures I bought). 

I was almost of a mind to throw them out. What was I going to do with all of these stands? It was enough for at least ten more figures than I owned. 

But the texture on the stands gave me an idea. What if I used these for some kind of courtyard in Ankletown? That might be cool.

Further coolness would be the pegs that figures could be placed on if they are standing in this courtyard. It can be such a pain in the ass trying to get figures to stand sometimes. Having a courtyard full of pegs would make the job so much easier.

I could glue them in, and repaint them all to match, and voila, perfect flooring.

I've seen the checkpoint in Ross many times since, and I considered buying another one to get a second mess of stands to add to the first, but they have changed the price, raising it by about six dollars since I bought it. Nobody is buying it at that price, so it sits and sits. 

I check each time I go back, in case they lower it. Ross doesn't do that often, but it has happened. If it does, I'll grab some more to make an even larger courtyard with pegs.

I also have all these Fortnite pieces. They're called building material, I believe. Some are figure stands with pegs on them, and others are supposed to be for the walls, I suppose. Some are even windows and one is a door.

They're all painted different colors, and some have designs that you piece together like a very simple puzzle, but they all have a texture to them. They look like wood planks mostly, though I have a few that are bricks, and one set that appear like glass, I guess?

I was thinking of doing the same thing with them. If I made them the ground on Ankletown station, then again I'd have a bunch of pegs sneakily worked into the place where I could pose the figures much easier than it would be without.

Making use of everything. Reduce. REUSE. Recycle.

No comments: