Monday, June 13, 2022

Inception

I had to mention this thing on here after I saw it. So, a few weeks ago, I professed my love for Sgt. Slaughter, and showed off the Sgt. Slaughter action figure I got from Valaverse. Then, mentioned that Hasbro had announced that they would be making their own official version of Sgt. Slaughter for GI Joe.

Well, they had a livestream the other day where they showed a physical copy of Sgt. Slaughter instead of the mere digital rendering that they showed before. It looks like a pretty good figure, though I'm still fine with the one that I have. I don't think they've quite convinced me to buy a second one.

It did come with a weird accessory, though, that I wanted to show you.


It's hard to see, because it's just a screen grab from the livestream, but he comes with his whistle, his baton, several extra pairs of hands, and then the thing on the left. What is the thing on the left?

It's an action figure version of the action figure version of Sgt. Slaughter. It's friggin' action figure inception up in here.

As an accessory, this action figure comes with an action figure of itself.

What they're going for is the old commercials that had the real Sarge talking about the action figure version of himself in it.

Very meta, right? The real Sarge used to schill for action figures so now the action figure Sarge also schills for action figure versions of the action figure. It's a dream within a dream within a dream.

The accessory has me wondering if I do in fact need to buy me another Sgt. Slaughter though. It makes me think of the toy store that Empire Toy Works has in Rotgut Station. Those are always fun pictures.

 If I get the Sgt. Slaughter, and then add it to the dinosaurs that the Hoban Washburne figure I got a while back came with, I'm starting to get a bit of stock for my own toy store.

No comments: