Monday, June 6, 2022

Sludge

I got this guy the other day. His name is Sludge. I really like him. I find it a fun exercise to come up with what this thing actually is, and how it can exist on Ankletown Station.

He looks like something made out of red goo, but then there that head...or maybe it's more than a head, looks like it could be a whole creature...inside. Maybe it's an alien creature that needs that red goo to live. It's basically the air it breathes...or the water, could be like a fish or something, and it has some kind of alien-style space suit that holds that goo in, and provides a structure around the alien that it can use to interact with humans or other aliens. Pretty fun.

The head, even though it's scowling, is really cute. It makes me think of Meap from Phinneas & Ferb.

There's a blue version of this guy too, called Rippley. He looks less evil.


Sludge is wearing his angry eyes, but Rippley looks much more innocent. So, I guess Sludge is the evil one. I may get the blue one someday too, just because it would be fun to have another one. Unfortunately, he only comes in a Vending Machine, so I'll have to see if I can ever find it at a reasonable price.

I ain't paying $20 for a guy that I already have only cast in blue instead of red.

Oh, by the way, this guy took a dive off my shelf the day after I bought him, and that big red hammer he has went flying off into what corner I cannot guess. Eventually, I'll find that hammer, but for now it's completely vanished. Doesn't really matter, though. I wouldn't have him carrying it around or anything. The stupid harvesting tools are not my jam.

No comments: