Thursday, June 9, 2022

What's New Pussycat?

I've been looking at this guy who also does a space station diorama like Rotgut Station, only his is called Skybottom Station (I wonder if anyone has a Downbelow Station out there). Anyway, he has put up a few photos with a Harley Quinn figure that I've seen around.

After seeing the pics, I felt compelled to buy that Harley Quinn the next time I saw it. It looked like it would fit in just fine, unlike the Batman figures which look like comic book drawings with unrealistically gigantic, Arnold Schwarzenegger-like proportions.

So, I started checking those Batman figures each time I went to the store. As you might have guessed, because this is always the way it seems to be with toy collecting, now that I decided I wanted it, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I did get a surprise, however. While looking for Harley, I saw this figure.

I didn't even know they made this figure. I've never seen it before anywhere. However, I like Catwoman about a million times more than I like Harley Quinn. I jumped on that one, buying it the very first time I saw it.

I really like the look that they picked for the Catwoman figure, too. I mean, she's had dozens of different looks over the years, but this one really appeals to me. When I saw it, it reminded me of my favorite Pez dispenser from my Pez collection back when I collected Pez in 2014.

It's a great look.

The only difference is the eyes are red versus yellow.

Seems like we're getting a pretty strong cat theme going on this place, though. Not purposeful, but Catwoman can join the Lynx-bots and Ravage...oh, and the other Catwoman that I got with the bike.

Still haven't managed to get rid of those battle damage scratch marks on that old Catwoman. Mostly, because I haven't tried, though. I like the look of her, though, because the motorcycle helmet makes her look like she could be in a vac suit instead of just motorcycle gear. I want a lot of folks wandering around the station wearing astronaut suits. I should just paint her black. Then she'd fit in when I get the Fortnite Voyager and Dark Voyager figures that I'm eyeing up on eBay.

Voyager 

Dark Voyager

There's also a line that sells on Big Bad Toy Store called Eagle Force that has several astronauts.



And an offshoot line called Space Force that, as you might have guessed, has some astronauts.


Unfortunately, those guys sell for about three times what a Fortnite guy sells for, so I'll probably never get any, as much as I think they're awesome. At least I have some modicum of self-control.

Wow, I got a little off track here. I should just call this a post and end it here. Thanks for reading everybody. If you made it this far, I'm impressed.

No comments: