Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Teebo

It wasn't too long ago that the Teebo figure came out in the Star Wars Vintage Collection. I mean, it came out before I had made it my effing life's work to collect 3 3/4 inch figures, but that was even less time ago. So, I didn't have it yet. Hmm....

Anyway, I didn't have him yet, but I was hoping that I wasn't too late. There's always places that have figures left over long after their time has passed. Rish sent me a text the other day pointing out the fact that he could be found at GameStop still.


So, I made it a point to look at GameStops more frequently. Considering that I tended to look at GameStop about once a year or less, that wouldn't take much.

I checked a couple of GameStops, and didn't find him, but somewhere around the third time I looked, I found him.

Since I was determined to get him, I didn't just look at the price and walk away, but I probably should have. That is the main reason I usually don't shop at GameStop. Their prices are always a few bucks higher than everywhere else.

So, I got Teebo, and sent this picture to Rish to let him know that I found it.

Yub nub!

It's a pretty cool figure, and it comes with a fair number of accessories, like a second, slightly different cowl for his head, and a tooth necklace he can wear, and...I don't know, drumsticks?

Most of those accessories I shan't be using, but I did trade out his powder horn for the knife sheath.

Maybe I can find some other ewok that doesn't have its accessories, get it for cheap, and dress it up in Teebo's extra gear. The gear is nice, with really good sculpting. It could use a good wash on it to highlight the texture and so forth, plus some paint for the warthog's eyes and stuff. It could look really amazing with a pretty minimal amount of work.

I like the idea of a few ewoks somehow ending up on Ankletown Station, and making a little shack of a home there, and no matter how hard the authorities try to get rid of them, they just can't manage. Worse than rats those little things, and twice as vicious.

No comments: