Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Singularity

I saw the Singularity figure at Ross the other day, but I already had it. I bought it a while back because it looked like it was a figure in Easter colors. It went perfect with the Easter guy I already had in the same colors...can't remember his name...ah, thank you internet, his name is Hopper.

They look good together because they basically match. Singularity isn't really an Easter figure, but with the same colors as Hopper, putting them together seems natural. I Eastered her up by turning her harvesting tool into an Easter sign, and then later giving her a bunny to hold as well.

So, when I saw Singularity at Ross, I thought, "Well, that is not a bad look. It would fit well with the other things on Ankletown Station, but I already have one. I'm not going to buy it again."

Of course, the look is interesting, and would fit in with Ankletown Station, but only if it gets munged up with a good blackwash and maybe some drybrusing as well. I couldn't do that to my Easter decoration, though, because then she wouldn't match Hopper anymore.

So, after seeing Singularity at Ross a few more times, I finally gave in and bought it. I'd gunk this one up, and leave the other one pristine for Easter.

Here she is, as she came out of the box.

Phlltltlllltltlllllllee! That was an onomatopoeia that I created myself. It's the sound of me blowing a raspberry (or making a fart noise with my mouth). Since this is written instead of a podcast, I can't do what I normally would do when seeing something this lame.

First of all, the stupid harvesting tool. God, those things suck. I guess that maybe this one could be rehabilitated with some paint, but even when you were done, you'd still just have a sort of pickaxe, which is not a cool accessory. I switched it out for a gun as quickly as I could.

Less crappy already. Still awful with the plain pastel colors though. I had to gunk it up with a black wash.

There we go. Now it's a good looking figure. I gave her a different gun as well, and gave it a blackwash too.

Hmm, that picture is a little out of focus, darn it.

Anyway, I like the way this turned out. It makes me think of Laka Baba, who had similarly weird colors, but gunked up with a blackwash turned out great.

I may do some drybrushing on Singularity as well before I'm totally done, although I'm not so sure. I did some drybrushing on Laka Baba and I didn't like how it turned out. so, I may just leave it as is. I do think I might try to put a gloss coat on her goggles, though, to make them look like they're really made of glass. We'll see.

No comments: