Friday, June 24, 2022

Staying In The Shade

This is a Halo Shade Turret.

The orange stuff is supposed to be a force field I think. I found this picture of what it looks like in the game:

I got it at Ross for $15. My guess is that it originally sold for $25, but I don't know. I wasn't interested in collecting any Halo figures or vehicles back when it was in the regular stores, so I never checked its price.

I can't tell from that game picture above what is sitting in the seat and operating the guns, but this one came with an alien grunt figure.

I've gotten a few Halo aliens in the past, and I have to admit, I liked them better than I do this guy.

Mostly because of that huge backpack thing it's got on.

I'm sure it's game accurate, but it looks ridiculous, and sadly it's sculpted right in, so there's no way to remove it.

I don't know what I'll do with the guy. I suppose it'll be fine as a random background character in the cantina or walking down the street. It's not likely to become a featured character in Ankletown, though. Luckily, the turret comes with adjustable foot pegs, so anyone could man it.

The turret, though, I am thinking of putting up on top of a mountain...or a rock outcropping...what would you call it? The rock things that jut up out of the ground in places like Canyonlands or Arches national parks. Like what they have in Galaxy's Edge.

I guess I could just say they were mesas. I'd like to put the turret up on a rock mesa thing, ready to defend the station from whatever unfriendly forces might come...to free the people of Ankletown.

I've seen a lot of people make cool rock formations just using insulation foam. I'd love to make something like that. That's my plan. I may possibly paint those orange force field things a different color too. They don't quite work in real life.


No comments: