Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Christmas Still, Are You Kidding?

I know, I know, you're sick of it, but I'm here to show off another Christmas toy I got. Yesterday, I mentioned Snarf coming in the mail. Well, also in that box was this elf to go along with my Santa Claus figure and the two elves that I got back in 2022 just before Christmas.

I didn't order him the first time around, because he was the evil elf, he has a scary look on his face, like he's up to no good. I just wanted the nice elves. Each elf comes with alternate heads, but there is only three options. There's Spike here, then Betty and Freddy. If I wanted only nice elves, then I had to use two of the same head when I put the three elves up. Then I noticed that one of my elves is actually cast in a darker plastic. It's supposed to be a racially distinct elf. It's not obvious, but it's a little different, so I figured I'd get Spike, and switch him out for the white one, then use the racially distinct head for the other elf. Then, wham-o, I've got three complete and separate elves. Here's what I have Spike looking like now.

Who knows, the Naughty or Nice line keeps expanding, and I even ordered a couple of other elves from the next wave. They haven't arrived quite yet, but the page says it should be soon. Seems dumb for it to be soon...you're a little late, guys, Christmas was last month, but maybe? I don't know, those arrival dates are pretty unreliable these days. Covid put a kink in the supply line that's never quite worked itself out.

Anyway, maybe one of the heads on the other elves will be preferable. We'll see. I'll just keep switching them out.

No comments: