Friday, February 23, 2024

I'm The Good Ash

Just before Christmas, Ross got these Toony Terrors figures en masse at their stores. They tried to charge $12 for each, but I bought one of these guys years ago when they first came out at full-price and it had cost me $12 then. Yes, inflation has brought the price up, and they now want more, but I hardly found $12 to be a worthwhile discount for the figures at Ross, so I left them all.

They sat for a while, because I wasn't the only one who objected to the price, but many of them have sold. The most exciting and sought after figures still sold at that price, and now the only ones that remain are the lesser characters like the Miner from My Bloody Valentine and the Nun from...uh...The Nun. As those stuck around, they suddenly decided to mark them down...but they did it in a really haphazard way. I found many of them marked down to $8.50, but then many other in the same store not marked down at all. I couldn't figure out what the deal was, but the ones that were marked down were always the lesser characters, so I left them still.

The other day, however, I found Ash from The Evil Dead at $8.50, and I loved those movies, so I figured I'd pick it up.


 I'll put it in my Halloween stash and pull in out in October this year. I can't wait for that to come around, because I have a lot of stuff now that has never seen the light of day yet.

They did have a variant version of this toy where he is covered in blood.


I think that one would have been better as a Halloween decoration, but I never saw that one on sale like I did with the clean one. So, I guess you get what you get.

As Ash himself once said, "You're the good Ash. I'm the bad Ash." Of course, then the good one blows the bad one away with his shotgun and says, "good? Bad? I'm the one with the gun!"

No comments: