Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Second Third Of February

We're coming up on the end of February. We've made it a full 20 days in. It's time for my second report on my writing progress in the month, so let's start with my month's chart.

Going pretty good. I've managed to hit 1,250 or more every day this month, which, up until last month, would have gotten me an all-time high total for a month. That probably won't be the case this month, though, because it's February which is shorted, and I went so far above my goal last month that my average was 1,332. That's a higher bar to clear. I'm not going to do it this month. That's okay, I had other goals. But first, let's see the chart for my month's goal of 36,250 words.

26134 / 36250 (72.09%)

I'm at 72%. Yeah, I'm going to hit the goal. Unless I slack off and stop getting my daily goal. That's the only way I wouldn't hit that, and I ain't gonna slack off.

What other goal do I have this month? I'm not trying to outdo my record high word count month from January. Instead, I added in a new pursuit. I have to publish a story for each week of the month. Last report, I had yet to reach a single publication. Did I allow that to continue? Well, if you read either of the posts I did yesterday, then you know that I sure didn't.


2 / 4 (50.00%)

I published two stories, and I'm halfway there. I have a third that is all but ready to go. I'm just looking for a good cover image, and then I can put that one out. Having some issues with it. I meant to take the picture myself, but i keep forgetting to do it. Maybe I can lean on Perchance again, and get it to make me a cover, but so far, all the images I've gotten from it have sucked.

Okay, how is the year going?

My total is all the way up to 132,402. That's a pretty high number. I like the sound of it. And I'm getting pretty close to halfway there, too. Won't happen this month, but soon. Here's my meter.

132402 / 304475 (43.49%)

43%, getting ever so close to 50%. Exciting. And on top of that, I'm getting through a lot of work that I figured I'd probably never do. I wrote a novel, a novella, and a novelette so far. Now I'm in the process of writing a story called, "Love Walks In," that I have had in my head for about twenty years. I'm 13,215 words in. Before March is through, I'll have crossed that one off the list as well. That's exciting to me. Another novella to add to the list.

So, things are going well. Watch for more stuff to be published, and more things to be written to be able to be published.

No comments: