Tuesday, February 20, 2024

The Tenth Album

As part of my general plan of writing every day and working toward becoming an author, I made the goal to publish at least one story every week in the month of February. Maybe I should rephrase that, though. I am going to publish one story for every week in February. I knew I wouldn't get anything the first week, because I would be in the Bahamas on a cruise. 

I also knew it would take a little time to get back into the swing of publishing, because I hadn't done anything along those lines since last year at about this time. I was basically going to have to re-learn how to do it. I didn't think that would take too awfully long though. And, well, I guess it didn't, because here I am to tell you that I just published a story on Amazon.

It's not a new story that has never been seen before, sadly. If you are a long-time listener of the Dunesteef, then you might remember the episode where I shared my alternate universe story, "The Tenth Album," about a man who is working at his failing record store when suddenly his best friend walks in to look around. Except his best friend died years ago. How could he be here right now if he's dead?

They are led on an adventure to reunite his friend with his family, and combine the alternate universes in a happy and joyful manner. There won't by a dry eye in the house...even if I have to spray you with water to make it happen.

I made up a cover for the story that looks like this:

That's based off the original artwork that Gino Moretto hatched up for the episode back in 2017 when we first put out the episode. I did it using this AI program that Rish recommended called Perchance. It's an interesting exercise.

Then I forgot that I'd made the cover, and made one more.

I'm curious which one you like better. Which one do you think I should use? Which one makes you want to read the story more?

Anyhow, you can find the story over on Amazon, published under the name BD Anklevich.

No comments: