Thursday, February 15, 2024

Overdoing It

We boarded our cruise in Miami last week and then went up on the top deck to watch as the boat pulled away. This just happened to be at sunset, and we were up on a very tall ship looking right over downtown Miami. There was a pretty long wait before we ever started moving, and in that interim, I went a little nuts on the sunset city pictures. I deleted more than half of what I took, but I still have this many.









You have to admit that it was a beautiful sky, but all the same, I went a little overboard (pun completely intended) on the pictures.

I also took a ton of selfies standing in front of the city, like I was a fucking Instagram model trying to show off my ass or something.







Why did I do so many? They're so stupid. They look to be basically identical. I think I took a picture, then turned until there were new buildings in the background, then took another. Until I'd covered the entire skyline or something. Don't ask me what I was thinking. I think I was just so enamored with the sunset and those interesting clouds that I just couldn't be reasoned with.

My favorite of the selfies I took was this one with the city of Miami looking like it's being nuked in the background.

That one was worth it, at least. Looks like one of those selfies you might see on one of those shitty websites that try to trick you into clicking with deceptive ads on Facebook and Instagram. "Selfies taken right as a disaster took place!" or something like that.

No comments: