Saturday, April 6, 2024

Skellies

There's a line of indie toys that I really appreciate called Mythic Legions. They are produced by a company called The Four Horsemen. A few years back, I bought several of their skeletons, a demon, and a vampire to put up in a fancy display every Halloween. Maybe this picture will look familiar to you:

They have several other skeleton figures, and I've considered buying some more, but the others were always goofy. The skeleton bones would be colored red or or yellow or fluorescent green. I wasn't a fan of that. I wanted skeletons that looked scary. This was Halloween after all, so I never got any more.

However, this past month, The Four Horsemen had an in-stock sale. Usually, their figures can only be acquired by pre-order. They announce figures they are planning to make, you pay them your money, they make them, and eventually, two and a half years later, you finally get those figures in your hand. This sale, however, was for figures that they had in their warehouse right now.

I didn't expect to buy anything, but I figured I'd look anyway. I got sucked in, though, and wound up buying a couple of figures that came the other day. In this post, I'll show off the skeleton that will be joining the display above.

That is a Deluxe Skeleton Legion Builder. It's pretty nice.

I've never been disappointed by a Mythic Legions figure. They're a great company. I probably shouldn't have bought this guy, though. There isn't really room for more figures in that display I showed you above. I can probably jam one more figure in there among those three, so it will be okay, but if I ever express interest in getting another Mythic Legions skeleton figure, stop me, okay?

Funny thing is, the other figure I got from the in-stock sale was also a skeleton, but it's okay, because it doesn't go with this set. It wasn't a Mythic Legions figure, it was a Cosmic Legions figure. I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.

No comments: