Thursday, December 20, 2018

Pushers

Since becoming a diabetic, I've become a lot more cognizant of things like advertising campaigns designed to keep you at the trough, with your head down, chogging away, and never noticing what is happening to your health. There's a lot of them out there, sometimes they're more shameless than others. Like this one from Doritos that I saw at the convenience store the other day:


Is it just me, or are they coming out and admitting that they've got you addicted, and they're encouraging you to keep at it?

I've been reading this trade paperback from Marvel Comics of the original appearances of Cloak & Dagger. I was pretty unfamiliar with these characters, but they always interested me. I discovered that one of the effects of Dagger's light powers is that she can cure junkies of their addiction. We need a real life Dagger to cure America of its carbohydrate addiction, because we're all riding on a train over a creaky old bridge that has collapsed just ahead. We're going to plunge into the canyon headlong soon. There's so many, many ways that it's going to destroy our entire society if we don't turn things around. Sigh...

No comments: