Monday, December 3, 2018

The King Of Christmas

At my work, we are one of the few places still allowed to have a holiday party for the children of the employees. My wife says it could never happen where she works, because the people without kids would complain so much that they didn't get an equal amount of money spent on them too. Of course, the answer to that complaint is ALWAYS to spend less money all around, and NEVER to spend more. But I guess people like math and how we can break things down to the lowest common denominator or something.

Oh, crap! This post is supposed to be about the king of Christmas, and not people who ruin things for other people because of envy, and instead I went off on a rant. Let me get to the point.

So, they were setting up the lobby for the party, and they got out this chair that Santa sits on during the party. Only, this is not just a chair. This thing is a freaking throne. Check it out:


I don't know why, but the sight of this thing made me think of that picture of Notorious B.I.G. with his crown:


Me and Biggy don't really have that much in common. Just the one thing really. But I saw that throne, and thought of the picture, and felt compelled to try and pose like a badass on it. A Christmas badass. I'm the motherf***ing King of Christmas y'all!



Right, right. I know. I don't look like much of a badass at all. At least I tried.

The funny thing is that they have this throne in the station all year long. It's the same throne every year for the kids' party. I wonder if the big boss is ever tempted to pull it out and sit in it during meetings or something. Good thing I'm not a big boss, because I would totally do that.

No comments: