Friday, December 21, 2018

The Christmas Minefield, Part Two

Day two of the minefield posts. Let's see what I had to avoid today.

Two more pecan pies:


What'd I tell about the pecan pies last time? This is probably the 19th and 20th pecan pies we've had in the station this month.

Then there was this candy and chocolate covered pretzels:


And this cake:


Also, one of my coworkers gives a Christmas gift to almost everyone. She says it's a thank you for all the help you've given her throughout the year. I don't know if I deserved one, really, but I got one all the same. It was this giant bag of candy:


This bag is heavy. I figured I would set it aside, and use it to load up the kids' stockings on Christmas Eve. The worst part was that I opened the bag to share with someone I work with, and for the rest of the night, I kept smelling those peanut butter cups. It was the strongest when I was driving home. The scent filled my whole car with deliciousness. I wish I could be one of those lucky people whose metabolism still functions properly, although I get the feeling that the only reason there's works right is because they didn't spend their lives eating as poorly...and more importantly as frequently...as I did.



It's possible that I might be in the clear now. Most people are taking vacation next week. So, I might have a better time of it. At the very least, I'll have a weekend of relief.

No comments: