Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Christmas Minefield, Part One

December is always hard for someone who is trying to keep their blood sugar down, and take care of themselves. I suppose it's probably bad everywhere, but I get the feeling that it might be worse where I work, because we have shows that air every day that are dedicated to making food or promoting restaurants. There's always treats around to tempt the weak-willed. And if there's ever been a word that describes me well, it's weak-willed.

For fun, I started taking pictures of all the stuff I have to avoid. Here's day one.

Cookies:


Pecan pie:


There's always pecan pie. I guess pecans are a specialty of Texas, so we get pecan pies like...I don't know, Germans get schnitzel or something.

This is some kind of homemade peanut brittle or candy or something like that. I can't tell you any better, because I didn't try it:


So, that's just one day, and I think there was another gift basket at the other end of the newsroom that had a bunch of candy and cookies too, but I didn't go past it, so I didn't take any pictures. We'll see what they have for me tomorrow.

No comments: