Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thrasher

My wife has decided to start babying our youngest child. She says that when the girl was younger, my wife didn't realize that she would be our last child, so she didn't get to baby her properly. So, while she still can, she's going to baby her.

My wife is always going to bed very early at night, because she works really early in the morning. I, however, am not always keen to be in bed by 9:00. So, on days that I'm staying up "late", and she's in bed early, if our youngest comes upstairs with some story about bad dreams or whatever B.S. she has concocted, my wife gives in right away and lets her sleep in our bed. Then when I come to bed (grumble, grumble) I've got to grab the kid and carry her down the stairs to her bedroom, and somehow hoist her into her top bunk.

I don't know exactly how my wife can stand to allow that kid to sleep next to her though. The kid is a serious thrasher. She's flailing out with arms and legs all the time. I cannot stand to sleep by her. I never thought she could possibly be this bad though. Last night, when Rish and I finished our podcasting marathon, I came into my room to go to bed, and my daughter was laying there next to my wife. But my daughter had managed in her thrashing to turn completely upside-down!

I couldn't help but chuckle, and wonder how my wife could stand to baby her baby.

1 comment:

Wendy Cooper said...

sweetheart, its what we do:)