Saturday, March 23, 2019

Ancient Spirits...

I've never bought one of those Loyal Subjects blind box figures before. They might be a little too cutesy for my taste, I don't know. But when I was at Ross the other day with my son, he found a Thundercats one there.

"This is for you, Dad," he said. "I don't like Thundercats, but I know you do."

I do like Thundercats, though not enough to own any Thundercats stuff at all. I guess I must have talked about Thundercats enough for him to know it, because he sure didn't see it on my shelves.

Ross is always cheap. Usually about half-price to what you'll find elsewhere, and there's no better way to encourage me to buy a toy than to make it substantially cheaper than it normally costs. So, I bought it. We opened it up, and it was Mumm-Ra. Not a bad one if it's the only one you have, though Lion-O would have been better as a stand alone guy. Thems the breaks with blind boxes, I guess.

I got it home, and noticed, however, that it didn't necessarily have to be a stand alone guy. It was right about the same size and the Funko Disney Afternoon figures that I got for Christmas this year. In fact, a mummy fit in really well with a certain set of those Disney Afternoon guys. So, I took a picture, and gussied it up with some quotes, and now I present it to you. Enjoy:


I need to figure out how to whip up cheap, quickie dioramas, so that this could have been a little better than toys on a blank white background. Would have looked a lot better were it on a background that actually looked like a tomb. I wonder if they made a Lara Croft Loyal Subjects figure. I could make a sequel to this pic with that one.

No comments: