Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Cheap Toy Hunting #1

This is going to be a new series on my toy review YouTube channel. They're super easy to make. I actually edited it in one night!

I also didn't have to write a script for it. I just set up some toys that I got for cheap, showed them off, and talked about how much cheaper they were than retail price.

And cheap toy hunting is something that I do no matter what. It's not like I'm going out of my way to make this video. I'm already there. So, all in all, a nice addition to the channel's videos.

As time goes on, I'll see if I can get more shots from the actual process of finding the cheap toys, and I'll try to be more timely with them, so that maybe my viewers can run out and check for those same toys at the stores in their area. It'll be like a public service. I'll basically be on par with those people who stand next to the mayor during the hurricane press conferences and provide the sign language translation, right?

2 comments:

Rish Outfield said...

Aside from a couple Marvel Legends marked down to a dollar (whether by accident or design), my favorite toy bargain was the AT-AT you see in all your videos. Walmart had clearanced them, then sold out, then gotten two more in, still on clearance. I bought them both, and sold the one whose box was in the best shape (Star Wars collectors...amIrite?). The other I gave to my candy-addicted, movie-crying, SouthPark-hating podcast partner for Christmas.

The punchline to this story: I loved your AT-AT so much, I finally broke down and bought my own--an incomplete one, for nearly four times what I bought yours for. Sigh.

Big Anklevich said...

Interesting. I always thought you paid full price, and that I was a good enough friend you counted it as worth the price.