Thursday, December 12, 2013

Four Miles Today

Mile count:

448 



Only four miles today. I meant to get in five or maybe even six, but I goofed around too long before starting my run, and didn't have time to do them all. I have to finish by 8:00 or I don't have enough time to get the kids ready for school and myself ready for work.

The shin splints are still bugging me. I think I'm just going to have to hobble the last 52 miles to my goal. They started hurting at around the 1.5 mile mark today. But I've found that the more I run with a full stride, the less pain I get. Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to jog slowly than to run hard. I get tired and worn out when running fast, as you might imagine. So, what I've been trying is to run fast for a minute, walk for 30 seconds, and jog for 30 seconds, then repeat that throughout my run.

It's been good so far. Hopefully it continues.


No comments: