Friday, December 27, 2013

I Can Taste It

So close!

I did another five miles this morning.  So I am at:

490



Two more times should do it.  Meaning Saturday, and then Monday.  I should be able to get there before New Year's Eve.  Which is not how I expected it to work out.  I figured it would be 11:59 on New Year's Eve, and I would be out desperately trying to get in that last mile, and I'd hear people counting down from inside their homes, "5...4...3...2..." and I'd be out there screaming, "NO!  I only have 500 more yards!"  And I'd start sprinting, trying to beat the countdown.

Then I'd get on here, and tell you all that I'd made it, not even mentioning that the last 500 yards were actually done in 2014.

But it looks like I won't have to lie after all.  Unless things go really badly, like I get hit by a car or something, then I should make it.  I'll knock on wood right now.  Talk to you later.

No comments: