Saturday, December 21, 2013

Setback And Perseverance

Thursday morning, I woke up feeling pretty poorly.  I had run Monday through Wednesday, and was pretty proud of that fact, but Wednesday night, I could feel a twinge in my back when I went to bed.  Thursday morning, after a good night's rest, it felt worse.

I needed a rest anyway, so I didn't run that morning.

Friday, after another night's rest, it felt twice as bad.  Seriously, I couldn't relax my back at all, because of the pain that would hit if I did.  I tried to stretch, but that hurt too.  So, I didn't run Friday either.

Through the day, my back loosened up, and I realized that I just needed to let it do that first before running.  So, this morning, after being up and dorking around for a few hours, I started into another five mile run.


My back was a little sore when I finished, but not as much as I expected.  Maybe the run might help.  I don't know.  All I know is that I can't take any extra days off anymore, or I won't make it.

As of now, I'm at:

471

I still believe that I'll make it.  We'll have to see though.

3 comments:

  1. You can make it. Get up early and stretch your back before running. That's what my wife does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe stretch before bed as well? Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete