Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A Milestone Worth Mentioning?


Just the other day, I did my post for the first week (or so) worth of March, and I had to mention the fact that I made it over 100,000 words on my YTD tally.

Well, yesterday, I made it to another milestone that I figured I'd get on here and brag about, because I'm proud of myself for sticking it out this far. Yesterday was my 50th day in a row of writing. Here's my chart to prove it:


The last time I missed a day was the 19th of January, and I remember how stupid missing that day was. I totally could have written that day, but I thought that I should try to get some sleep instead, and laid in my bed for hours unable to do so, endlessly thinking, "I should get up and go write since I can't sleep...but it's really late, so I gotta stay in bed and get to sleep." If I'd just gotten up and written, I'd be another eighteen days further along. This post would have run a long time ago, and been forgotten by now.

I'm here to say this important truth, you can do whatever you put your mind to. I'm a total piece of crap shlub. If I can write 1000 words a day for fifty straight days, then you could do at least as much, most likely more. Go for it, and most of all keep with it. Improving yourself is always worth it, however you choose to do that. Progress is always better than entropy.

No comments: