Sunday, March 8, 2020

Am I Doing It Wrong?

I saw this SUV driving around on the freeway the other day, and had to snap a picture.


Just in case, I blacked out the name of the channel. I don't want to come off as a bully or something.

I don't know who the people that have this YouTube channel are, but seeing this odd bit of marketing, I figured I'd go and take a look. Their channel seems to be a typical one that you could use for an example of why civilization is on its way out. I didn't look for long, but when I went to their page, it autoplayed a video of these two women doing the "Egg Challenge". I guess this is when you suck a raw egg off a plate and eat it or something. I don't know, I couldn't get more than a minute or so into the video before I was moved to pause it so I didn't have to listen anymore. I think it was when one of them started making gagging sounds as if she were being forced to eat dog shit instead of a raw egg that I couldn't take it anymore. There's nothing special about the channel, though. There's hundreds upon hundreds of similar channels, including most of the biggest channels on YouTube.

I didn't subscribe, but I did notice that 130 people did, and they've been doing it for about two months. On the other hand, the Big Anklevich on Health channel has been going since May, and has half that many subscribers. Am I doing it wrong? Should I be driving around with a billboard on my car windows? Or do they just have a more universal subject of interest? Is it that many more people are interested in examples of the fall of civilization than they are in improving their health and beating diabetes, bowel issues, dry skin, high blood pressure, heart disease, Alzheimer's, depression, anxiety, obesity, and a host of other health problems? Yeah, I think that's more my problem. People would rather take a pill that will riddle their body with side-effects than make a simple change to their diet.


Whoops, this post wasn't supposed to head in this direction. I guess it's turning into another screed. I was just going to comment on how weird an advertising strategy driving around with your YouTube channel painted on your car windows was, but here I am, trying to encourage people to see beyond the propaganda that they were raised on so that they can get results in their own health rather than continuing the enrichment of heartless corporations and control of soulless governments. There was a guy once who wisely said, "Question everything." It was either Euripides or Five Finger Death Punch...not sure who originated it.



Don't believe things just because your government put it in a guideline. The government is a long, long way from infallible. Usually, they're leading you down the garden path, and the end of that path tends to involve a hospital bed, a miserable end to a shortened life, and bills so big that there will be nothing left for your loved ones once they're done being paid off to the disease management industry that we mistakenly call health care.

No comments: