Sunday, March 8, 2020

Who Thought This Was A Good Plan?

I was at Costco today, and saw this pallet of...Jeez, I'm not even sure.


It couldn't possibly be chocolate-covered mushrooms, could it? Who would possibly think that something like that would sell?

I walked on past, but couldn't get it out of my mind, and had to go back and find out just what exactly it was. Turns out it's not chocolate-covered mushrooms, but chocolate-covered mushroom-shaped crackers.

I guess there's those goldfish crackers out there, and even though no one would want to eat a real goldfish, the crackers still sell well, but there's a pretty small chance that anyone believes that they're made with real goldfish. My very first thought was that these must be dried mushrooms covered in chocolate. I mean, vegans would probably eat something like that. Chocolate-covered mushrooms sounds so terrible, and I'm not the only person who thinks that. A second person walked past the pallet of boxes right behind me and started commenting to her husband about how terrible they must be as well. Somebody should have put a stop to this cracker's shape and name long before they made it to the Costco shelves.

No comments: