Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Day 16 (75 Hard)

 I went walking, as usual, first thing this morning.

I totally forgot to turn off my timer when I got home. It was about five minutes after I arrived that I remembered, so my time per mile is way off now. Whoops. That's actually not unusual for me.

Here's the log:

I had to do a bunch of laundry today too. I spent a lot of the time this morning folding the clothes that I'd washed, as well as a lot of time writing the blogs posts that I was behind on.

I did eventually get myself to do yoga.

I tried harder than I usually do, pushing to stretch farther than I normally do, struggling to remain balanced on one foot instead of falling over like I normally do, and I was impressed with how much better I did. I guess if you do something long enough, you're going to start improving. I believe they say that if you do something for seven years, you become an expert. So, only six years and 49 weeks to go.

Today was a fasting day, and as usual I got pretty cold in the newsroom with the AC blasting the way it does. What I used to do last year was run up and down the back stairs of the station several times to get my blood pumping and warm me back up. Since I'm already working out a ton as it is, I don't really feel like doing that as much.

Instead, my new plan is to fill my cup up with hot water from the coffee machine, and drink that. I'm supposed to drink a gallon of water anyway, I might as well have some of it counteract the chill I get from fasting, right? And it actually works pretty well. I wonder if Andy Frisella ever imagined that somebody doing his challenge would be drinking half a gallon of hot water every other day. The very idea kind of sounds revolting even to me, and I was the one doing it.

Anyway, I finished all the requirements, although I almost blew it last night. I was supposed to read my book and take my progress picture when I got home, and I almost forgot. I just about climbed into bed and went straight to sleep instead. 

Taking the picture was easy, of course, but the book was pretty hard. I was so bleary eyed by the end. I barely made it to the ten page mark I'm required to hit. When I woke up in the morning, I hadn't changed position all night, I was still laying flat on my back, and my reading glasses were still on my face. Whoops! Forgot to take those off. Good thing I didn't roll around restlessly in the night, because I probably would have broken them.

Another one bites the dust. 16 down and...well...a lot to go.

No comments: