Monday, September 28, 2020

Quinoa Is Super Healthy, Right?

 I always chuckle when I find absolute garbage food disguised as something healthy. Here's another example for you:

I don't see it claiming to be healthy per se, but the fact that this ball of sugar and chocolate is made from quinoa is certainly only a thing because they think it will convince people to buy it because it's a healthy candy. Better for you than those evil candy bars made crispy with rice instead of quinoa.

My wife still tries to argue with me about breakfast cereal.

"Let's get this one, because it's more healthy than that one," she'll say.

"None of it is healthy," I always respond. "Not one of these boxes on this aisle has anything but ultraprocessed garbage that will eat away at your insides until you wind up with diabetes or one of the other myriad chronic diseases that our society is rife with. If you want healthy, then stop buying cereal at all."

But she still buys cereal, and our kids still keep eating it.


No comments: