Monday, September 21, 2020

Day 7 (75 Hard)

 This morning I had to be at work extra early, so I got up early, and hit the trail for my walk an hour earlier than usual.

You can tell it's early, because the picture is super dark and therefore blurry.

Here's my log of my walk:


It didn't really take me an hour to do it. I forgot to turn the app off when I got home, so it kept counting me walking around the house as part of my workout.

I also got right to the yoga as quickly as I could after that.

I also got right to the not eating right after that. In fact, I had already been doing that all day, and I just continued with it. I'd started into my fast the night before, and fasted the whole day through. 

I'm getting used to it. It really wasn't that hard, but if I'm ever tempted, the fact that I'm doing 75 Hard and would have to start over is a good motivator to me to say no.

Fasting always makes me cold, and it really kicked in today. My last quart of water I got out of the coffee maker instead of the water dispenser. I just filled my cup up with hot water, and drank it like coffee or hot chocolate to try to warm myself up. It took a little more than a quart, but I eventually did feel warm again, and was able to take my jacket off.

Tropical Storm Beta hit in full this evening, and it started flooding in some spots in Houston. Because of the chaos, I got the pleasure of staying an hour and a half late at work so we could cover it for the lovely folks at home.

I was a little worried about driving home, but most of my time is spent on an elevated freeway, so it wasn't a problem at all. I was afraid I would have to sleep at work, and I hadn't even brought a sleeping bag or a change of clothes. It was fine, though. I spent the night in my own bed.

I started a new book today, because I finished my outlining book. Now I'm reading a set of books that are about how to self-publish your books in a way that will guarantee the most sales. We'll see how that goes.

On top of that, I need to get to work outlining my next book, which I believe I will be calling Others, unless a better title comes to me later. I know what I need to do, now I need to systematically and methodically do it.

No comments: