Saturday, July 1, 2023

Canada Day

It's kind of funny to post this in the middle of a countdown to July 4th, but happy Canada Day!

My wife's sister and her family are here to visit us, and we decided that it would be fun to have a little bit of a Canada Day party and barbecue, so I got my Canada flag out, and hung it from my pole in the front yard. We also did temporary tattoos that she brought in her suitcase from the Dollarama.

And some bunting tied to our hammock stand from the Dollarama as well.

I made burgers, and we all chowed down.

And we even set off some little fireworks like sparklers and a couple of fountains.

They were readily available at the fireworks stands just up the street. Do people celebrate Canada Day with fireworks usually? Or are we just imposing our American celebration onto this Canadian holiday with this? I don't know. I think we've done sparklers and the like every time I've ever been in Canada on Canada Day though.

Anyway, happy Canada Day from Houston, y'all. Hope you had a lovely July 1st just like we did.

No comments: