Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Fourth of July

We went to the beach for the Fourth. It was much more crowded than it usually is when we come. I guess that's what you can expect on a day like today, though.

And I wore my world famous cats and fireworks shirt.

We stayed there all day long, and into the evening. There was a parade at six, and then the family went up the street to our favorite restaurant on the Seawall. I stayed on the beach, though, since I had started fasting already for the next two days. We finished off the day with fireworks on the beach.

It was really beautiful and even calming to watch the fireworks show there on the beach with the waves lapping on the shore beside us, and the lovely cool breeze blowing the oppressive heat inland.

However, I don’t think it was worth the three hours it took to get back home afterward, two of which were spent just trying to get off Galveston Island with the 150,000 others who came there for the 4th as well. Yikes what a mess that was. Probably a once in a lifetime experience, because I never want to deal with that traffic again.

No comments: