Tuesday, July 4, 2023

The Countdown Is Over, We Made It!

Okay, happy Fourth of July, everybody! It's here, and it's the last day of my countdown. Here's the last of the pictures of my toys on my holiday-themed shelves. 

This guy is called...crap, I can't remember. I ought to look it up...thank you Google Image Search, this guy is called Civil Warrior. I don't know a single thing about him, other than that he looks like a robot Captain America.

This one here is my regular, on-the-shelf-every-day-of-the-year Captain America. This is the guy that replaced my Face-Off Captain America in that role. I talked about that earlier in the parade of posts that I've done on my 4th of July toys. This guy is admittedly a cooler version of that same classic-style Captain America that I wanted on my Avengers shelf.

And our final picture is this. First in war, first in peace, and first...with a hand-cranked mini gun? Here is the Bioshock Infinite George Washington Heavy Hitter Patriot figure. I don't know anything about Bioshock Infinite. I believe that it is a post-apocalyptic video game, and this character is a robot from a Disneyland-like theme park's Hall of Presidents-like attraction that has short circuited and gone rogue, and you have to try to survive getting past them.

There's also a Benjamin Franklin version of this same thing, but I didn't manage to buy it while the figures were still cheap, and now they're going for around $75, so I probably never will get the other one. On top of that, these figures are notoriously fragile. My figure has broken several times, and I've had to glue things back onto it like crazy, so this one may not last much longer either.

Anyway, he's one of my favorites. I love the idea of a crazed Hall of Presidents animatronic stalking people like it's straight out of Westworld.

Happy Fourth of July, everybody!

No comments: