Sunday, July 9, 2023

Guardians

I think that I swore that I wouldn't buy anything more until I built at least one building for my space station...but I guess that I lied, because the other day while I was out looking for toys, I gave in and purchased the Guardians of the Galaxy 3-pack that has Groot, Cosmo, and Baby Rocket

I guess that's more of a 2 1/2-pack, really, because the Rocket figure is barely an accessory. That Groot only came with two of the four guns he's holding. The other two I pulled out of my overflowing accessories container for the picture. The big one may be a little much for him.

The thing is, I probably shouldn't have bought the figures, because the very next time I went to Target, I found that they'd put all of their summer movie flop figures on clearance. Several of the figures that I've bought in the last while are suddenly going for half off. That 3-pack (or 2 1/2-pack) is not on sale yet, but the single pack figures of the GotG are. I saw Drax selling for $5.

All the stuff from the Flash movie is on sale too, including that Batwing that I bought a few months back. I could have gotten it for $10 now. A good thing, though, is that the really crappy GotG ship is on sale for half off too. They only want $17 for it. I think I'll let it drop another level, then I'll get it. It's the only way you can get the Rocket Raccoon figure...I mean, the real one, not this goofy Baby Rocket pack-in.

Oh, and I made sure to save my receipt for this 3-pack. If it goes to half off, I'll buy it, then return the one I got for half off with my full price receipt, thus negating my inability to wait until the price dropped.

No comments: