Friday, July 28, 2023

The Pez-alorean

This has happened to me a few times over the years, but not for quite a while now. Today, Little Anklevich had his friend over to play. The kid showed up with a present...not for Little, but for me. What? That's weird. Did you ever get your friend's dad a random present before?

Well, there's reason behind it. The present was a set of Pez dispensers. Yes, for many years I've had a collection of Pez dispensers that I display portions of on my toy shelves.





One of the sets I usually have displayed are my Star Wars Pez.

So, Little's friend could see that I had Star Wars Pez dispensers and which ones I had (this isn't all of them, by the way, just the bad guys).

So, when he was out with his dad, they must have been shopping at a store like Ross, and saw the box with the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Pez dispensers. He knew I didn't have, and that I'd like it, so he convinced his dad to buy it for me, and since it was at Ross, his dad had no reason to say no, because it was super cheap.

I thought it was pretty cute to be getting a present from my 11-year-old son's friend. I put it up in a slot on my shelves.

Because he was right. I did want it. I think I almost bought it one time before when I saw the set at Ross, but, as often happens at Ross, the line was way too long to wait in for such a simple purchase. When the line gets that long, it has to be something I want so bad I'm willing to wait a half hour just for the honor of buying...and I guess this Pez dispenser set didn't quite rise to that level.

However, thanks to the thoughtfulness of a little boy, I managed to end up with it anyway. I guess this friend is a keeper. I'll have to let my son keep hanging out with him.

No comments: