Sunday, February 16, 2020

February Sweeps, Day 15


I didn't get enough sleep last night, because I was up late trying to get my writing finished. Which led to me falling asleep on the couch this afternoon. So, now I'm up to the wee hours of the night again, writing my words for the day once more. I wrote 1,015 words today.

It was more on the Lazerfist version of Still They Ride, which cannot possibly go to Marshal. It's probably going to end up being long enough for consideration in the novel category of the Hugo awards, for which it will certainly be nominated. I can tell 3,500 words in that it's going to completely change the landscape of science fiction as we know it...sorry, I can't pull that off. Rish has been at a writing conference, and he tells me that it is important to show confidence and really talk your books up, so I tried. I do think it will be a good book when I'm done, so you can take that as promotion, I guess.

My picometer is at:


EDIT:
New progress meter.
17321 / 30000 (57.74%)

57% is good. We're finally on the downward side of the month now, and I'm on pace to easily make my goal. So, that is a good thing.

No comments: