Saturday, February 29, 2020

February Sweeps, Day 28


Most years, this would have been the last day of February. I would have made my goal of 30,000 just in time. This year, though, I still have another day to pad my total with tomorrow. That's kind of fun.

Yesterday, I made a new goal to pass up my total for January. Since I started this writing thing, my total has improved with each month.

In October (since I only had four days in the month to write) my total was a measly 2,764.

November, I had the goal of writing every day, no specific word count, just every day. I didn't succeed with that, but I upped my production all the way to 11,545.

In December, I added to my goal, trying to write 500 words every day. Again, I didn't succeed with that, but I again upped my production a bit, writing 12,574.

Things got really serious in January, when I made the goal of 1,000 words a day. I came really close to succeeding with that goal, only missing two of the 31 days, and my production jumped all the way to 32,194.

So, that's the total I decided that I needed to supercede this month. My goal had been merely 30,000. But, since I had a few extra days, I might as well give myself something more to strive for.

Today, I wrote 1,248 words. What kind of a total does that give me now? Have I made it to my new goal?

32370 / 32194 (100.55%)

My total is now 32,370. That puts me 176 words over my January performance, at 100.55% of my goal. Cool. And I still have one more day to go.

I guess I'll see what I can run that total up to, but I probably shouldn't be too gung ho about it, because my goal for next month will be to top this month's total, which means I'll have to work extra hard to outstrip it.

I think I'll keep trying to do that from here on out for the rest of the year, making sure that my monthly total grows every single month.

No comments: