Sunday, February 23, 2020

February Sweeps, Day 22


It was a Saturday, so I was running around doing all sorts of things, this and that. Then the evening came, and me and my wife finally went out for Valentine's Day. She had to work last Friday and Saturday night, so we couldn't even have celebrated the day after. The good thing was that I was able to give her this big basket full of Valentine's stuff, and it all cost me a song.


That teddy bear was sixty cents. Everything was on clearance. I'm thinking we may have to celebrate Valentine's on the weekend after from here on out.

What did it all mean? Well, what it meant was that it was 11:30 PM before I even sat down to start writing. I wasn't feeling it, so instead, I just surfed through the promotional photos on Toyark for all the new toys that were announced at this weekend's Toy Fair New York.

I finally convinced myself to buckle down and write. Then, when I was only about 250 words in, Rish Outfield called me, and I spent about an hour talking to him on the phone instead of writing. He finally told me he was going to take mercy on me, and hang up so I could write sometime around 1:30 AM. It was going to be a really late night. At least I didn't work in the morning.

At last I really buckled down, and pushed my way through my words. I texted Rish my total every few minutes, and he encouraged me to continue.


I hit 1,005, and texted Rish to let him know that I had managed.


I felt very victorious. I busted the words out faster than I expected that I would. The funny thing was that when I hit 1,005, I wasn't in a good spot to stop. If I just stood up and walked away, there was stuff that I wanted to say, that was in my head at that moment, that surely wouldn't be there the next night when I finally came back to it. So I had to write a little bit further.

My final tally was 1,143 words.

My picometer says:


EDIT:
New progress meter.
25247 / 30000 (84.16%)

Now I'm at 84% of my goal. Getting so close.

No comments: