Sunday, February 23, 2020

Brother!



I don't know if you've heard Rish use this quote recently or not, "Can't you see? We are brothers!"


For some reason, it has become the phrase that comes up most often recently. So, when I took that picture of the Luke from 2014 compared to this new Jedi Luke from 2019 that I just broke down and bought today, it was the first thing that came to mind.

I know that sometimes, inside jokes can be annoying to those that aren't on the inside, so at a risk of ruining all fun that the quote might contain by showing you how the sausage is made, I thought I might explain it. It comes from an old Miller Lite commercial that I told Rish about years ago. He never actually saw it, because those kinds of commercials play during sporting events, and the only sporting event he's familiar with is the pocket pool tournament (wow, I don't think I've used the phrase pocket pool since junior high). Now, the saying is his repeating the line back from my telling of the commercial. It's not quite word for word, but it's good enough.

Here's that actual commercial if you want to check it out. This is one of those versions where somebody shoots the commercial off their TV with their phone and uploads it. Terrible quality, but you get the whole commercial at least.



This is a better quality, but just the very end of the commercial.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Honestly, the version you described to me all those years ago was so much better than that ghastly non-punchline, it makes me ashamed that I love calling us brothers so much.