Saturday, February 8, 2020

February Sweeps, Days 6 & 7


Yesterday, my wife and daughter got back from a trip they took for my daughter's 16th birthday to Orlando, so I was busy in the evening, and completely forgot to write my blogpost to update you on my daily word count. That's okay, though, because nobody noticed.

I did write, however. I just didn't report on it. So, here's my word count for yesterday: 1,609.

A pretty big number for me. I'm no Rish Outfield writing gaudy totals like 2,063 on a daily basis. I'm usually as close to the lower limit as possible, but yesterday I was having fun. I had this goofy idea to write a quick flash fiction piece. I took the Journey song title that Marshal Latham assigned to me, and wrote a little Star Wars fan fiction story about biker scouts after the empire has fallen.

It isn't my actual contest entry or anything, just something I thought I'd do for fun, and then I sent it to Rish and Marshal for them to enjoy in whatever fashion they might. I'm still working out the story that I will make my actual entry in the contest. I'll get started on that eventually, but this little thing was just some fun to have. After all, when you write 1,000 words a day, you can afford to blow some of them on sillyness if you want, right?

Ater 1,609 words, my picometer says:


EDIT:
New progress meter.
7191 / 30000 (23.97%)

However, that was just Thursday's total. We're doing the post for both Thursday and Friday here. So, today I wrote some more. This time it was closer to my usual. I squeaked in just over the line at 1,007 words.

Now the picometer says:


EDIT:
New progress meter.
8198 / 30000 (27.33%)

So, after 7 days of the month, I'm at 27%. That's pretty good, because 7 is 24% of 29, but I'm already at 27%. I think that means that I'm going to make it easy.

No comments: