Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Are You The New Recruit?

I was at Five Below this weekend, and they had these figurines of Star Wars characters that looked to me like they might fit with a regular 3 3/4 inch action figure. These were not action figures, but solid molded statues with no articulation whatsoever. 

They had a few choices , but I was most interested in the stormtrooper, because I thought it would go well with a display that I've had up on my shelf for a very long time. So, I grabbed one. I figured that it was at Five Below, so it couldn't cost too much. It was only $3.25.

I hoped it would work with my figures. I had no other 3 3/4 inch figure to compare it to, so I couldn't be sure, but when I got it home and put it up next to them, it was perfectly in scale.

Now there was another problem, though. Look at this guy next to the other figures. He's like the new recruit that just arrived. His armor is still pristine and white, whereas the others are pretty grungy and sandy. 

We needed to break in this boot. So, we sent him out in the desert on a dewback for a few patrols. He went up against some Tuscan raiders, stood down a blue-faced gunslinger, and ran for his life when he saw a krayt dragon. Now, he's got some wear and tear on that armor.

I just did a wash on the figure, using brown paint, then wiping off the excess. He sure looks weathered now. He'll fit right in with his compatriots.

There we go. I love it. I only wish they had more than one pose for the figurine. If they did, I would buy each and every pose.

No comments: