Monday, April 11, 2022

Modern Art

My wife got a bunch of cupcakes to take with her to work and give the rest of her coworkers a treat. Unfortunately, Jupiter (you know, that cute cat that got lost for a day last week) had another idea.

Truthfully, it was just an accident. My daughter was playing with the cat, and then she stopped...but the cat wasn't done playing. So, when my daughter went into the kitchen, and stood next to the island where my wife had left the cupcakes until morning when she would bring them, Jupiter decided to jump up on that counter to get her attention.

When Jupiter performed that leap, she flew right into into the container of cupcakes, and knocked it right off to the floor. Now the cupcakes look less like food and more like abstract art:

Yikes.

So, no, my wife didn't take them to work to treat her coworkers with. Instead, the kids scarfed them one by one, because they didn't care about how pretty they were, just how much sugar they mainlined into their veins.

Worse yet, no, my wife didn't go back to the store and get a new batch of cupcakes. The accident happened after she'd gone to bed. I wasn't able to pick up new cupcakes because all the stores close at 11:00 PM now, which is before I can get to them. My wife couldn't buy more in the morning either, because the stores don't open till 7:00 AM which was after the time she was supposed to arrive at work the next morning.

In the end, Jupiter forced my wife to call a coworker and beg her to stop in at the store and get cupcakes for her.

But at least we got this great bit of modern art.

No comments: