Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Biker Scouts?

While looking at my favorite Instagram channel, Empire Toy Works, I saw this photo, and loved it.

It's an Acid Rain figure and bike that costs $150 right now at the online store that I could find it at. I just can't afford Acid Rain stuff, as awesome as it is, it's toys for the one percent or something.

Us plebs, us serfs, we shop at Walmart and eat hamburgers straight from the McDonald's drive through, we do. So, when we're looking for a similar bike to put in a possible future cityscape, we gotta find other, cheaper arrangements.

At the lowdown, dirty old Walmart right now, they have these exclusive four-inch scale motorcycles from the Batman movie. Batman's solo bike, which is only $15:

And Catwoman's bike, for if you want to recreate their chase scenes, which is $20:

I also suspect that they might end up on clearance eventually too, because there's a lot of them, and there doesn't seem to be a big rush to lay hands on them.

They would both need some serious paintwork to make them look more interesting (especially the Batcycle--half of the work would be removing the ugly mud spatter paint job that they already put on there in a failed attempt to make it look good), and less like cheap Walmart toys, but that's what us ninety-nine percenters have, our labor. We can put in the time to make something look beautiful, and also feel the satisfaction that comes from such a workmanlike, yet also artistic endeavor.

I think I may try to pick one of each of these up over the next while. And I suppose that when I do, I'll share the photos of the paint job that I give it.

No comments: