Thursday, April 21, 2022

I Didn't Lose My Head

I was looking on Empire Toy Works Instagram page the other day, because, as I told you, I am obsessed, and I saw this photo he took of the Rotgut Station Medical Center.

At first, it just made me chuckle. Having a doctor like this sure could be uncomfortable. But then I realized something. "Hey, I have that guy!" Well, sort of. I have the head and the claws. 

That is from these Boss Fight Studios Mini-Kits they put out a few years ago. I went to visit Rish, and he took me to the Megalopolis store, where I saw that they had the mini-kits. They come in blind bags, and I stood there feeling them up for several minutes before I was sure that I had the ones that I wanted. I bought two of them, and a blank body to put them on.

I dug around in my toy box, and found that I did in fact still have them, even though I'd done nothing with them since bringing them home. So, Here's the lobster guy.

He also came with a second head option.

You gotta really look out for this one, because his head may pinch you too.

The other head I bought was for the Great Old One.


With the lobster ones, it seems like all I'd need to do was give them a wash and paint the eyes, since they're already red. This great old one had probably better be painted green, and detailed a little more. Maybe some color on the suckers on the hand and also on the veins in his head. Could look really cool.

I think it might be fun to do like Empire Toy Works did, and put the lobster head and claws on a regularly-clothed figure. I noticed that they have a Fortnite figure in a suit for sale right now.

That would probably be pretty fun to mash those together.

The great old one might be better if I put it on a robed body. I could use the blank body I have and just make a robe for it. That would probably be best. Then again, I've got a Squid Head body that has recently become available.

No comments: