Saturday, April 9, 2022

Camping

I went camping with my son last weekend, and I thought I'd share some pictures with you.

This wilderness park and campground is about fifteen minutes from my house. I remember looking at a map before we moved here, and being excited about that. Yet it's almost been five years, and this is the very first time I've ever gone there.

I love hiking and camping, but there's often some thing that makes life a little miserable when you're out in the woods. Frequently, that thing is insects. This time it was silk worms.

Oh man, those things were everywhere. You know how it feels when you walk through a spider web? Now imagine being in a room absolutely full of spider webs, so everywhere you turned the spider silk was sticking to you again. That was what our campground felt like.

I think I may have set up our tent at silk worm ground zero though. The tree we were under was teeming with them, but if you got out into a more open space it wasn't bad.

Also, heading out for a hike, even though we were under the trees, it still wasn't bad. I guess they cleared enough space to make the trails that it kept the silk worms off to the side.

I went on a hike with my son and his friend, and it was pretty nice. A lot of good scenery to look at.






And we got some exercise in, which I've done very little of, so any time I can work some in, it's a good thing.

No comments: