Friday, April 8, 2022

Sharpie

I went to the dollar store and got me a red and a blue Sharpie. I thought they would make it much easier to do some of the painting on some of the figures I wanted to customize. When I got home, I took the blue pen to this Halo Jackal figure that I found at the store.

This is what it originally looked like:


So, I colored some of the grey sections blue to turn the figure into another member of my Freedom Force.



It's a four inch figure, but it's also a creepy alien, so it could be any size, right? How does it look with the Freedom Force?

Seems to fit in all right if you ask me. I like it.

I also took the Sharpies to my Black Widow hybrid's hair to make her more patriotic. She has streaks of red and blue.


Hmm...not sure if I like this, but I think I'm committed. Sharpies are permanent markers. I think it would take a lot to get those streaks off, so they're probably here to stay. Maybe I should do her lips in red as well. The pink seems to light to me, and leaves her face looking a little washed out. Of course, if I eff it up, then once again I can't remove it.

Lastly, I took the blue to my Red Guardian to turn him into a Red, White, and Blue Guardian...or defected Red Guardian...whatever. How's this look?

Is it enough? Does it need more blue? I didn't want to go too far, especially since it was a pain in the ass to scribble on all of that blue. The blue gets a kind of purple hue when it hits the light, doesn't it?

Anyway, I could leave it like that and call it the Red, White, and Blue Guardian, or I could switch the head. What about this unmasked head from the Stealth Captain America?

 Or the angry head from the Infinity Saga Captain America?

I guess I could go all in and use a masked Captain America.

Or why not go all the way? How about this?

One way or another, he'll fit just fine on my Fourth of July shelf this summer.

2 comments:

Journey Into... said...

You really need to find a Cap Wolf figure if anyone has ever made one. If they haven't, they need to. I like your modifications.

Rish Outfield said...

Marvel Legends released Cap-Wolf figure in 2016. You can swap out the head for regular Cap too.