Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Getting There, Slowly

If we had the money to pay someone to assemble and install all of this, we'd probably be done by now. Sadly, we spent all the money that we could have used to pay someone on buying the cabinets in the first place. It was either buy cabinets or pay someone to assemble and install cabinets, but we couldn't afford both. So, you can see which one lost out.

Here's where we are so far. The kitchen progress report.

It's getting difficult to wait for it all to be finished. My wife and I are installing this stuff a little bit at a time, taking our weekends and any other spare time we have to get a tiny bit done here and there.

I don't know how much longer I can take it though. I'm beginning to understand what those people who got flooded out during Hurricane Harvey felt as they waited for their houses to be restored to their pre-storm condition.

It feels like it's been forever since I was able to wash dishes in the kitchen sink. You wouldn't think that would be something that you'd miss, unless you didn't have a sink, but still needed to wash the dishes. Then it becomes more of a longing.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I have never seen IKEA cabinets before.