Saturday, August 13, 2022

Preparing For Christmas

I know I complain a lot about Christmas decoration availability creeping ever earlier and earlier in the year, but this is different. This is necessary preparation, or it won't make it on time.

I was messing around with my daughter, who is a wiz with all sorts of graphic design programs, and she helped me put together the cover for my upcoming Christmas story collection.

Not certain this is the final version, but it's something close to that.

I think I showed off the drawing she did for me on a post a while ago, but now here it is with the background and title. I'm pretty excited to get this out there.

My goal is to have the entire thing narrated and edited by November 1st to be able to release the audiobook in plenty of time for anyone who wants to get it for Christmas this year. I have five out of eight stories narrated and edited already, so that seems pretty good, right? Unfortunately, the three stories that aren't done are the three longest. 

I've narrated and edited 33,981 words out of 79,382. Which isn't terrible, but is only 42.81%. You know what, since I've made the goal, I'm going to make a little progress bar, and keep updating it every few weeks. Here's where I am now:

33981 / 79382 (42.81%)

I've have recorded about 65% of the sixth story, and am working on editing it down, so I should be able to provide you with another update sometime soon.

I want to get the eBook released even sooner, since there's not a lot that needs to be done for it. I also am hoping to get print versions available. I don't know how long of a process that is, but I'm determined to make them available too. Heck, I want one of those.

Just thought I'd give y'all a little preview, a little teaser for things to come.

No comments: