Sunday, August 14, 2022

New Anklevich Logo

Yesterday, I was having fun with my daughter, messing around to create a cover for my upcoming Christmas story collection. I was also trying to work on getting together a Patreon account, and I thought I'd have her make a couple of quick drawings for that.

Then I got an idea for a B.D. Anklevich logo. 

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm really trying to go for it this year. I said all the way back in the early years of the Dunesteef that my ultimate goal was to become someone who could make a living (not a killing, just a living) as a writer. I wanted to be able to write for a living. 

My biggest failing for a long time was just that I couldn't motivate myself to write consistently. I would have months where I would make a goal to write every day, and I would keep it up for a month, but then I would always let it slide back to nothing again. 

It wasn't until 2019-2020 when I proved to myself that I could definitely do it. I wrote for nearly a whole year straight, without fail, and achieved levels of success that I never thought possible. I stupidly allowed that to slip away again, and spent almost two years depressed and unproductive, but I feel like I have finally conquered that, learned my lesson, and will never let this fall away again.

So, now I think I'm ready to start making a push to make a living as an author and a podcaster. The Patreon is one of the first steps. Writing daily is another step. The final step that I have yet to reach is publishing the stuff that I've written, and making it available for people to buy. I obviously can't make a living as an author without books out there to buy.

So, I'm going for it. As I posted yesterday, I have a collection of my Christmas short stories that I'm publishing this year. As soon as I have that finished, then I'm going to push to get the audiobook finished for a collection of non-Christmas short stories that I organized. Then I will start working on publishing my novels. I have three of them finished already, and I'm 100 pages into a fourth one now. Then I'll probably try to get a few more short story collections put together.

Rish publishes all of his stuff under the moniker of No Apologies Productions. That's something he's used since back in college. I put that credit into student films we edited together. So, I need to have a name for my publisher too, I suppose.

Now I'll give you one guess as to what the name of my production company was going to be named, and what credit I put onto my student films. That's right, Dunesteef Productions. So my stuff is going to be published under the Dunesteef Press moniker.

So, when it was time to make a logo for B.D. Anklevich, I got an idea. I ought to combine the two, to  both reflect where I came from and project where I'm going. BDA, and the D is the Dunesteef D. So, here's what my daughter designed for me.

I absolutely love it. It's perfect. I can't wait to find ways to use it. She even gave me a second version with rounded corners, and I'm not sure which one I like more.

Maybe I'll put it on T-shirts that you can get at my Patreon merch site or something. I don't know. The plain old D will be the logo for the Dunesteef Press, so I won't need it for that, but this is the logo of B.D. Anklevich, author, podcaster, and all around troublemaker. At the very least, it'll appear on the episode art for Anklecast shows. All I can say is that I love it.

No comments: