Sunday, August 7, 2022

Selfie

Just a little while ago, Hasbro announced a new thing they're doing with a 3D printing company, where you send them a picture (or probably a bunch of pictures or video or something) of yourself, and they make an action figure head that looks just like you. They put that head on one of their regular figures, and wham! you're a member of the GI Joe team or the Power Rangers or something like that.

That sounds cool, but I think it is pretty expensive, like upwards of $50 for a single six inch figure, even though the majority of it was a figure that they already had, and probably couldn't sell anymore anyway. It was languishing on the clearance rack, but now they add your head to it, and instant money maker.

I'll have to think about that, for sure. It sounds interesting, though I am a notorious cheapskate. And, being such a cheapskate, I'm thinking of other ways to achieve the same goal. 

For example, I was at Marshall's the other day, and I found these ReAction figures of baseball players...well, one particular player, Jose Altuve, who plays for the local team in Houston. I suspect that the Marshall's in Boston, and New York, and Kansas City, and Milwaukee have the other guys that play for their teams.

It was $5.50 for this guy, so I went ahead and grabbed it. I kind of hate ReAction figures, because they're so basic and boring, but I love the Astros, so why not get a fun little guy to put on my shelf with other Astros stuff I have.

But then I looked at the guy, and I thought, what if I do a little bit of painting to his head, maybe add some white hair on the chin? Does that make it look like me? I mean, he's wearing my hat.


I could probably just add some white to the chin and bam.

But then a little while later, I found this guy at Ross.

Yeah, he's pretty cheesy. Some rando soccer player. On the same day, I found a cooler guy with an absolutely crappy head on sale, so I bought the both and switched their heads out.

I looked at that guy, and realized that he had the same haircut as I do.


I could do a little additions to his beard, and then that guy could be me. Might need a more brown color to the hair too. Could be fun, and it's definitely cheaper than the Hasbro version. I don't know. Is it worth it? Should I try painting the beards on these guys?

I guess we'll see if I ever get time to bother with it. For now, all my free time is taken up trying to get our kitchen together. And I have to write at least 500 words every day on my Ankletown Station book. And I have to get a Big Anklevich on Health video edited. And I have to get Big Anklevich on Toys videos made. And I have to get going on the Anklecast. And I have to get the Christmas stories from my collection narrated and edited so that I can get that published by November. And...you get the idea.

No comments: